Friday, November 11, 2011

Ryan's 30th Birthday

I'm behind on my blogging...as can be expected since becoming a mom of two!  So, I have to catch up on a few important events!

Ryan turned 30 on October 20th.  He doesn't think it's a big deal...in fact, every year he says his birthday isn't a big deal.  Every year, I have to tell him that birthdays ARE a big deal.  If he hadn't been born, I wouldn't have the wonderful life I do, and our children wouldn't be on this earth.  So, as long as I'm alive, birthdays will be a big deal.  Plus, HELLO! It's his 30th!!

Now, poor planning on my part.  I had a baby right before his big day.  (ha!).  However, just because our plans to go on the Price is Right were squashed didn't mean I couldn't attempt to have a surprise waiting for him two weeks postpartum. 


On his actual birthday, he recieved an ipod shuffle because he always complains that his Touch is too big when he's at the gym.  I got steaks and potatoes to make for dinner, his favorite.  Even though he had to bbq them, it was delicious!  Then, since it was just us I got a strawberry cheesecake, his dessert of choice.  He had a great night and even got to have a few drinks with his buddy Bobby.  He thought the fun stopped there!  The next night, we went to Bobby Q's which is Ryan's favorite restaurant.  Waiting there for him were our closest friends-Joel and Chandra with their two kiddos, Chad, Chandra's brother, Wes and Christina and Bobby.  Ryan's mom came a little later too-she did give birth to him thirty years ago after all!  We had a blast there-ate some great food, had some great laughs and then I gave him his little overnight bag and told him to go have a few drinks with the boys and have a night off! 
He's accomplished a lot in his thirty years.  He may not think so, but it's true.  Ryan is the most determined person I know.  When he sets his mind to something, he does it with his whole heart.  I've been lucky enough to spend the last 11 1/2 years with him to observe this.  Plus, he has given me two of THE MOST amazing children in the world, and is determined to be the best father to them.  It's not hard, he's a natural, as he is with most things.
Thirty years may not seem like a long time to some people, but I'm proud of what he's done in thirty years.  And, as the song says, I can't wait to see what happens in "his next thirty years"!! 
Happy 30th Birthday to the best husband in the world!!

1 comment:

  1. I cried a little at the end of this one:) Katy, you truely are Ryan's best friend. I've know that kid for 23 years, so I can attest to all of those things being 100% true about him! I love you both and it is truely a blessing to be able to say I've known you both since we were kids:) And RJM!!!!! 30 IS a big deal!! I'm sure you know that NOW though because of your wife's beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete