Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012!


Ahh...New Year's Eve. 
We hate the crowds at the bars and driving home with drunk drivers.  Call us old, but we'd rather be at home in our PJ's watching a movie!  And that was BEFORE kids!  We didn't even make it until midnight.  The clock struck the late hour of 9:30 and off to bed we went!
Midnight came.  We knew this because of the fireworks and banging pots and pans that could be heard along our street.  I said "Happy New Year" to Ryan, and then we both crossed our fingers that the damn neighbors wouldn't wake our kids up from their peaceful slumber.  This went on for another hour before it quieted down.  I still don't understand why the celebration of fireworks has to continue for hours...
Yup, if there was a Grinch of New Year's, we would be it!


BUT New Year's Day...now THAT I can get in to!  The first day of the year!  A fresh start! New goals!  And Football!!!  This year we planned to go tailgating and watch the Cardinals game.  Cheap seats considering their awful record and failed chances at playoffs.  We loaded up the kids and all of their necessities and headed to our meeting place.  Ryan's mom came to meet us and we handed off Connor and Brooke to go get spoiled for the day while we had some adult time.  It was a blast!  We bbq'd, drank some and had a good time chatting without having to stop mid-sentence to go tend to Connor.  I love my babies, but it sure is nice to have some serious adult time every once in a while!
Our nosebleed seats-still good!

Last year was amazing.  In January, I went back to work part time at a school I love.  In February, I found out I was pregnant!  In March, we went to Florida to visit Jennie and Robert which was such a fun trip!  In May we found out we were having a little girl. :) In June we went to Montana and got to spend time with my family. In July Connor learned to swim. In August, I went back to school and it was the hottest month on record.  It was NOT a joy being pregnant with that heat, but I made it!  In September I had my final baby shower and anticipated the arrival of our little girl.  In October our beautiful Brooke joined and completed our family!  In November, Connor turned TWO!  And in December, we celebrated our first Christmas as a family of four.  Who would want a wondeful year like that to end?  So this year, I'm not considering it a "fresh start".  It's simply a continuation of great one.  I do have a couple of goals though!
1.  Run.  I need to get back into shape, and running was the way I lost all my weight and then some after having Connor.  I'd like to run at leat one half marathon and beat my crappy time of 2:55. :)
2.  Learn to use my fancy new camera!  I love it, but I need to get it off that automatic setting!
3.  Take a trip with Ryan, just the two of us.
4.  Get Connor to talk.  It's coming...whether he gets help or not!
5.  Spend as much fun time as possible with the loves of my life!  After all, that's what we look back on his the memories we make!

So, Happy 2012 everyone!  I can't wait to blog about all the exciting things to come!

2 comments:

  1. We had so much fun at the Cards game with you guys! I think we need to plan to go once a year for sure! (Unless Joel scared you guys away with his, uh, behavior ;)

    We should find a fall half to sign up for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, you sure push out some beautiful babies!!! And Ryan, you seem to have some dirt on your face?? Kidding, kidding! It's just weird to see you with facial hair:)

    ReplyDelete