Thursday, February 9, 2012

Connor Lately

My poor son has been a little bit neglected on this blog of mine!  I have been so focused on making sure that I kept track of Brooke every month, that Connor's growth and developments have been put on the blog backburner.  Here it is, February 9th, and Brooke is 4 months old and I have still yet to blog about my favorite little man in the world!  So, here's Connor lately!

* Growing like a weed!! He is just shy of 3 feet tall
* Still only 26 pounds though.  He keeps growing taller, and the weight stays the same!
* Size 4 diapers still...man I can't WAIT until potty training happens!
* Size 7 1/2 shoes.  I just ordered him some killer R2D2 star wars shoes.  Ryan was pretty excited about that!
* Very much a picky eater.  We've been sticking to offering only what I make for dinner, and if he doesn't eat then he doesn't eat!  Some nights I'm sad to say he only has milk. *sigh*
* Size 2T (some 3T) shirts. 
* We're in between on pants. 18 months fit around the waist, but are too short.  2T are too big around the waist (even with the adjustable strap) but fit great in the length. Soon, it will be shorts weather and that won't matter any more!  He just has no tush!
* Still loves Elmo's World, but currently Potty Time is the favorite.  We've also reverted back to liking Baby Einstein again. Yuck!
* Has mastered the iPod.  This kid can maneuver through that thing better than my Mom can (sorry mom!).  He loves her iPhone too, so we have to try to hide it.  I do let him have it while we're all getting ready in the morning, but I usually try to limit it to that...unless I forget to put it up, and then he finds it.  His favorite apps are the "Talking ____" (Dog, Cat, Bird, Robot) and BabyFirst.  He also loves looking through the pictures.  When I do get it back from him, all my apps are moved around.  Someday, I will have the iPhone, and I'll pass that handy little device down to him.  Then the peanut butter smudges won't matter!
*Words: Tiger (GaGer), Elmo (Melmo), Ball, Bubble, Tractor (kinda sounds like tiger), I love you (syllables), and today he said Gorilla and tried Kangaroo.  He puts his fist in the air while he says them, like he's at a concert.  Then he gets a huge smile on his face...he's so proud, and so am I!  We still have a long way to go in this communication road, but at least it's a start!

Here are some cute pictures of my little man.  I sure love him!
Sitting in Brooke's Bumbo Seat

Pizza Time!  He loves to make it and bring me pieces.

Eating a snack and hanging with Daddy

Sharing his chair with Brooke and giving her some love.  I'm in LOVE with this picture!

me and Connor snuggling before bed

Playing with Daddy.  You'll also notice the green monkey on his ear-he loves having it there-weird!

Future engineer?  Lining up his cups by size.

Playing with Uncle Bob-one of his favorite people!

Helping me bathe sissy!

Stopping to smell the flowers out back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment