Thursday, June 28, 2012

Monthly Updates

Well, time has certainly passed.  As you all know, we are in the process of moving to San Diego.  In 2 days! Yikes!  On my list of things to do in between packing 3 years worth of stuff was to update on Brooke and Connor, since it has been almost 3 months since Brooke's last update.  Luckily, I kept up pretty well in her monthly calendar, so I'll just recap here.  Since her 5 month mark, Brooke can now:

*sit up
*crawl using her right foot to push and drag her left leg
*pull herself up and stand on her own (this happened the day after she got crawling down!)
*crawls to her brother with lightning speed.  That's what got her crawling in the first place!
*eats food.  She skipped baby food altogether. It disgusted her!  I didn't even get to use my sister in law's fancy BabyCook because she was so grossed out by baby food!  So, we went straight to people food.  She has become a pro in the last 3 weeks and using her forefinger and thumb to pick up food. She loves it all, with some minor exceptions, which really depend on what day it is.  As long as other people are eating it, she wants it!
*plays with her brother.  Connor loves to throw an object, and then she crawls as fast as she can to get it before he does.  He always beats her, but it makes her laugh!  They also sit next to each other at the dinner table-Connor in his booster, and Brooke in her high chair.  He makes funny faces or sounds at her, and before you know it, they are giggling like crazy!  They'll do the same thing in the carseats.  It's so darn cute! 
*drink from a sippy cup.  She's gotten good at drinking her water!  Which has been great in this nasty heat!
*has her "big girl" carseat.  Britax in pink to match Connors.  Hers is a newer version though and seems bigger.  Oh well!
*take a real bath!  I even took her baby bath to Goodwill today, and didn't cry!




She is in 9 month clothes (and some of those don't fit!), size 3 diapers, sleeps through the night (7 pm to 6 am), takes two naps a day (9-11 am and 2-4 pm), *Yup, I'm a firm nap mom!  It took a little while to get her on this routine, but I was determined, and now she's a fantastic sleeper!* She grew 3 inches in 3 months, and she still has the cutes little chubby body.  She still has three rolls on her left leg, and two on her right.  Brooke still has 2 bottom teeth, even though I swear the top ones have been trying to come in for months!  She's pretty serious, but her brother can get her to smile and laugh just by lookin at her.  Other people have to try pretty hard to get a laugh out of her! She loves to swing, chew on anything she can (her favorites are toys at Rachel's and a little yellow frisbee here) and loves anything that makes noise.  She has the BEST smile in the morning when you go get her, and squeezes you tight like you are her favorite stuffed animal. :)  I love her more and more each and every day.  Her adorable little personality is starting to show through!


Connor is becoming more vocal now.  He is repeating things les and less, and starting to put together his own sentences!  He can and identify ALL of his letters and numbers through ten.  However, today, he counted all the way up to 17!  He was counting the buttons on the dishwasher and kept counting.  He didn't know I was listening until he got to 17, and then I think I scared him because I made such a big deal out of it!  He has so much going on in that smart head of his, and I think sometimes I forget that because of his verbal skills.  He is one smart cookie!  Last week, he was in trouble for knocking his cup on the ground from the table.  (My aunts and mom were over, but I still had to follow through!).  Once he finally picked up the darn cup, I told him to put it on the table.  He looked at me with his charming smile, and then started pointing out his head, feet, eyes, nose and then pointed them out on me as well.  By this point my family was laughing hysterically, and I had no choice but to join them!  He and I have been having some necessary "date" time.  He had been acting out a bit, so I thought he might need some special one-on-one attention.  (Any moms out there, or siblings for that matter, of two or more will understand that!).  I took him one day to Einstein's and we shared a bagel.  He was so sweet-standing right by me, holding my hand, giving me kisses and talking up a storm!  It was obvious that he just wanted a little TLC, without sissy to interrupt.  It reminded me that I need to do that more!  He is the most special little man, and I make sure to tell him that every single night.  He can turn a bad mood good just by his bright smile and eyes! 














Hopefully that gives everyone a quick update!  More to come soon.  I have to post about the move, and get some pictures out of the new place and our adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment