Thursday, July 28, 2011

28 Weeks and 21 Months!

It's officially Third Trimester Time!  The countdown is on...12 weeks to go until we meet our little girl! 
Measurements:
Weight: 140 lbs
Belly: close to 39 inches


Taken right before yoga!

Major Developments:
The end of my second trimester means a few things.  My restless legs have returned!  I had them with Connor, and would have to frequently get up in the middle of the night to walk the house.  The worst night so far was waking up at 3:30 to pee again, but then I couldn't go back to sleep because my legs wouldn't let me! Ugh!  I sat out in the living room and watched Friends reruns and ate a bowl of Rice Krispies then walked laps around the house until about 6:30 am.  I fell asleep around then, but Connor woke up at 7:15, so it was an interesting day. 
Ryan and I have Massage Envy memberships, so we've been getting massages on a regular basis and using up some stored ones.  I'm going to cancel mine-as much as I love getting massages, it's not helping like I thought it would and I'd rather put my money into my current obsession: Prenatal Yoga.  I tried it last night, just to see how I'd feel.  Oh. My. Gosh.  My sciatic nerve in my back has been giving me some pain and tension (probably thanks to picking up Connor so much and bending over to play with him) and the stretches and poses we did helped that out SO MUCH.  My legs felt great, as did the tension in my lower back.  I left there on a Yoga High, and will definitely be continuing as long as I can.  What a difference that hour and half to myself made with the few other women there.  It was quiet, I focused on my breathing and getting the poses right, and didn't feel a bit out of place (again-I contribute that to Stroller Strides.  We have done some of the stretches at the end of our workouts, and I feel like I'm in good shape despite the basketball on my belly!)  Luckily, Ryan wants to try Yoga too, so he's totally supportive of it, and happily watches Connor and puts him to bed on Tuesday nights so I can go get my yoga on!
She had the hiccups for the first time Sunday night.  I can tell her head is in the down position because that's where I could feel her little hiccups.  (that also means that her knees/feet are what I feel on the right side of my belly constantly during the day :) Ryan could see my stomach twitch with each hiccup and could feel a couple of them too.  Since then, she's had them at least twice a day!  Poor girl!  She's still moving like crazy, but will soon be running out of room to move around so much!  Her favorite spot it seems is my bladder.  It'll stop me in my tracks sometimes! 
The poor girl still doesn't have a name.  We have a top three (I think), but we're not releasing anything until we decide-which very well may be when she's born! Ugh!
I go to the doctor on Tuesday-somehow my appointments are a week behind.  After this week, I go back every two weeks until mid-September, when the appointments become weekly! Yikes!

Connor is almost 21 months!
Well, no talking developments yet.  He is singing Old MacDonald with us more, and makes a "Mooo" sound whenever he sees a cow.  We're working on other animal sounds too, but that seems to be his favorite!  He also says "hot" which is darn adorable.  He says it whenever food is put in front of him and we blow on it, or pretty much any time we go outside.  I think that's thanks to my complaining that it's "too hot" outside.  When he says it, it sounds like "hhaaahhh".  :)  I love his little voice, and can't wait to hear more!
We're still working on body parts, and he's learning more and more!  New ones are his eyes (he was unsure still before), mouth, and tongue, and he still solidly knows head, ears, nose, feet, belly, belly button and *ahem* peepee. :)  He's still addicted to Baby Einstein's, and we've had to find new hiding spots for the movies on top of the fridge so he doesn't get to them.  I would LOVE it if he would watch something else.  I've DVR'd Sesame Street, other Baby First TV programs, Little Einstein's and even tried movies-all a great big fail.  I will say that he usually starts watching, and then will go play with his toys.  Sometimes I think he just likes having the music of it on in the background.  He's also discovered that Daddy has some on the computer, so when Ryan is sitting in the chair, Connor will come up and sit in his lap to watch.  Ryan put on some YouTube videos of cats a few times.  It's pretty hilarious to hear the two of them cracking up because a cat is playing the piano.  Two peas in a pod, those boys! 

Other News:
I go back to work on August 9th.  I was very lucky to be kept on in Title 1 working with kindergarten students again part time.  We'll be back to our normal routine of Connor playing at the sitters for awhile in the morning, and coming home to have lunch and take a nap.  This will work out great for my 3rd trimester when I want to take a nap too!  I love the kindergarten teachers, not to mention working with my mom at school, so it's a perfect situation!  This will be my last year working part time, so I"m going to savor every minute with Connor, and then with my little girl, for this next year!

We've had a great time this summer visiting with family.  I'm sure you read my Montana post, and I need to update with a couple visits to Flagstaff...more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment