Thursday, July 7, 2011

Monthly Update: 25 weeks and 20 months

Time continues to fly by!  Didn't I just take that pregnancy test?  With Connor?  Yikes!!

Baby Girl:
Because we were in Montana, I had my 24 week appointment on Tuesday, where I was really 25 weeks.  I knew that my belly had gotten bigger by looking at the pictures from Montana.  That big belly wasn't there a couple weeks ago!  I did have lots of yummy food to eat on my vacation, and I have noticed a huge jump in my appetite.  I seriously eat all day long.  I have breakfast with Connor, then a big snack, then lunch with Connor, then another lunch (just smaller, I promise!), then a snack before we go to swim, then dinner, and then either dessert or a bowl of cereal before bed.  I'm going through a lot of cereal right now!  Holy moly!  I know this won't last long.  Give it a few more weeks, and my stomach will be too squished to fit much food in.  That being said, the doctor commented on my 10 pound weight gain since my last visit.  Her words were "You've gained 10 pounds since we saw you last...have you noticed a lot of swelling?"  I said "Umm..."  Hello, lady! I just got back from vacation-give me a break! Haha!  Then we heard Baby Girl's heartbeat (No, no name yet.  Ryan and I spent four whole days in the car with each other and still couldn't decide on a name!), I recorded it for her Build-A-Bear like I did with Connor, and we talked about the next appointments.  I have to do my fun glucose test in the next couple weeks, and then after my next appointment, we go to every other week!  I can't believe it!!  We have 15 weeks left to get her room done and ready for her arrival.  I'm also thinking about having a "Sprinkle" so we can stock up on diapers and girl clothes.  These next few months are going to fly by, so I'm getting very excited!
Weight: 139
Belly Measurement: 37 1/2 inches
Room Progress: Zilch
Changes: Belly's getting bigger, and I feel her moving much higher now.  She's still all over the place, which I love!  She seems to be using my bladder as a trampoline, which stops me in my tracks sometimes.  I love feeling her move so much!  I do notice it's a little harder to bend over or paint my own toes!

Next appointment: August 2

Connor:
My baby boy is 20 months old!  This is getting eerily close to the TWO YEAR mark!  Wow!  He is still such a snuggler, but he is having a hard time getting comfy on me at night with his little sister getting in the way.  Ryan put him to bed last night, and he fell asleep on him.  (Actually, I think both of them fell asleep back there!)  We are still rocking him for a bit after we read his books and listen to his lullabyes while snuggling with his blue blankie.  We'll be moving the glider into the baby's room as time gets closer, so I'm soaking up this bedtime routine each and every night.
The talking thing is getting slightly better.  I was hoping Montana would help him to verbalize more because he would be around so much talking amongst the family.  I swear he said "sit down" to me to watch one of his movies, and he says "Hi Dad" quite a bit to Ryan.  He's starting to mimmick the sound that words make, almost like humming.  He just started doing the "EIEIO" part of Old MacDonald, which is stinking adorable.  I also got him to "Mooo" yesterday, so at least we have one part of the song down!  I busted out our flashcards again yesterday, and he knows SO MANY of the words, so I know it's in that brain of his!  I would put them in front of him and ask him to find one, like the cow for example.  He looks, and picks it right up!  Like I've said before, he's a smarty pants and knows everything you say to him.  It's just getting him to say it, and we're closer than ever! 
He can also point to his head, eyes, nose, mouth, feet, and *ahem* a certain boy part (that didn't take long!).  He also does "happy feet" and still does the cutest dance around!  If you ask him to dance, he usually has to step one foot away from you before he starts grooving.  I love it!!! 
We're still working on sneaking some veggies into his food.  He still likes his broccoli, but will spit things out if he feels something out of the ordinary in his meals.  We're eating a lot of PB&J, mac and cheese, and chicken nuggets in this house for lunch.  He does love fruit, but not melons.  He'll eat just about any snack out there though!
We are in round 2 of swim lessons right now, and he's getting much better at blowing bubbles! His kicking is getting better too, even when we backfloat!  It's good to be getting out and in the pool.  He just loves it since we can't play outside as much.  That's a big change from playing outside all day in Montana!  We do try to get outside in the mornings, and his favorite is the swing.  It could be the breeze he feels or the nice rocking motion, but it's a must!  He even fell asleep in it the day before we left for Montana.  I couldn't believe it!
Ryan and I were talking last night about what a little sweet heart he has.  He has the most gentle demeanor.  Sure, he has his moments and his tantrums, but when he looks up to you and gives you a kiss, forget it-it's over!  And that smile!  Full of perfect little baby teeth and his eyes are all lit up. :)  When he plays with a big group of kids at Stroller Strides, I always bring his ball.  It never fails that another kiddo will get to the ball before Connor, but instead of getting upset, he just turns and looks at me like his world has been crushed.  I sure hope his big, gentle heart stays that way!

That's it for this months' Morgan kids update!  I'm sure the next one will be here before I know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment